Pay Your Rent

Setting our rent

Tai Ceredigion sets its rents in line with Welsh Assembly Government guidance on rent – known as the rent bench marking system. This system aims to make sure those tenants in an area pay a similar rent for similar types of homes and that rent increases are fair.

For those people who became Tai Ceredigion tenants when homes transferred from the Council, rents are guaranteed to increase by no more than they would have done with the Council.
What rent money is used for

Rent is the main source on income for Tai Ceredigion. It is used to provide services to manage your home and to make sure it is repaired to a good standard.

How to pay your rent

You can pay your rent in a number of ways:

1. Direct debit

We can arrange to debit your rent directly from your bank account, on any day of the month.

2. Using an AllPay Payment Card

You can pay using an AllPay Payment card at any Post Office, any outlet displaying the Pay Point logo, over the phone, or online. If you wish to pay by one of the above means please let us know and we will make the necessary arrangements.

To pay online visit (opens in a new window or tab).

3. By Cheque in the Post

You can pay by cheque making it payable to ‘Tai Ceredigion’. Please send it to our office as noted below and remember to write your name and address on the back. Please do not send cash in the post.

4. Housing Benefit

If you are on a low income you may be able to claim help paying your rent through Housing Benefit. Please contact the Council’s benefit team on 01970 633252. If you are entitled to Housing Benefit to assist you with the payment of part or all of your rent, this can be paid directly to us by the Housing Benefit Department.

5. Over the Internet

Debit (or credit) card payments can be made at your convenience online through allpay. To pay online please click here (opens in a new window or tab).

Problems with paying rent

Tai Ceredigion is committed to the principle that tenants should pay their rent whilst also providing appropriate early advice and assistance to tenants in arrears.

If you are worried or have problems paying your rent please contact us straight away. If you do not pay your rent you could lose your home. If you are having money problems we will work with you to make sure you get all the help you are entitled to. Ways we can help include:

Helping you apply for benefits

  • referrals to specialist advisory agencies such as the Citizens Advice Bureau, Welfare Rights or debt counseling services
  • working with local and county wide Credit Unions (organisations who can help with low costs loans and savings plans)
  • agreeing reasonable and achievable repayment arrangements, including deductions at source from state benefits and earnings

Helpful Websites

Benefits Adviser
Money Advice Service

Rent Arrears

If you fall behind in your rent payments Tai Ceredigion will take this very seriously. We will write to you and visit you at home to seek to make an arrangement with you to repay what you owe. If you do not keep to this arrangement and willfully refuse to pay your rent we will take legal action that could result in you being evicted from your home. We will normally start taking legal action when 4 weeks or more rent is owed.

For further information please contact your housing advisor or visit our website.

Telephone us on 0345 606 7654

Email us to